Tuesday 1 February 2011

Interview with Robert Davies



what do you wear in the day?

I really like to mix formality with informality on a daily basis, for instance, I might wear a long, slouchy old printed tshirt with maybe a formal tweed jacket or like a buttoned up white shirt with a biker jacket and Dr Martens . I always try and balance out an outfit, so if I'm wearing tight jeans and slim boots I like to keep the top half very long and unfitted with maybe my oversized camel blazor or big denim jacket and on the other hand, if I'm wearing wide pants I would wear smallish shoe/sandel type things and maybe a cardigan so that I don't just look fat.

how does your style change from day to night?

I either like to be really dressed up or really dressed down when I go out at night. When I go out in the day it's usually somewhere in the middle, so i'l either go more simple, not wearing so many layers maybe wearing a tshirt and some form of jacket that I would take off. Or i would go more dressed up, wearing one really bold piece like an elorate shirt, leather tassled waistcoato or high waisted jeanie pants for example (Or the whole lot) but then more simple shoes to not over-do it.

how much do you spend a month on clothes?

It varies each month, but maybe around £20/30 minimum, then maximum £100

where do you shop?

My clothes come from all kinds of places really, I tend to stear away from the comercial highstreet shops unless it's for bare essentials. I have been able to travel alot and so have been to lots of vintage shops in different countries picking up things, I like old costume shops and charity shops etc. The pride of finding something amazing for pennies is such a good feeling!

how would you describe your style?
eccentric, yet executive, 70's buisness man meets ghost world (the movie)

who are you style icons?

I don't really have an style icons that I look up to, I get my inspiration from my friends, magazines, films and people I see in the street. I love the style of people like Santo Gold and MIA but then also the 80s boy george and all the new romantics thang, then grungey innocent styles like Alice Glass.

whats your career/ what do you study?

Last year of A levels studying Art, Media studies and English Langauge

where do you go out?

I visit London quite alot so only really go out there. I enjoy east london with it's little parties like Vogue Fabrics and cool pubs. I love the night Your mum's house at Punk in Soho. I'msure when I move down in september I'l explore alot more places to go.

What genre of music do you listen to?

Anything and everything. From Norah Jonas to Britney Spears, Paul Simon to Uffie and Goldfrapp to The Horrors

do your friends have a similar style to you?

My friends in London have styles that are on the same level as me I guess. People don't really get it up here. I bought a 1950s cape from a nurses military uniform the other day. Like I said, people don't get it.

do you think you conform to a subculture? if so which do you most relate to?
I don't really look to one sort of trend/subculture but I guess punk would be a stong one.

what age are you?

17

No comments:

Post a Comment